If you’ve just installed beautiful new laminate flooring at your place, or perhaps you want to know how to keep your floors looking like new for years to come. Preventative measures for Floor Maintenance Sydney are critical to preserving the appearance of your floors regardless of the type of material.
Still, there are a few things to keep in mind, particularly for maintaining the flooring of your place, such as:
- Make your place shoe-free. While stiletto-style heels can damage hard flooring, realistically, any shoe can create wear and tear. By constantly bringing in small and large bits of dirt and grit, your floor will inevitably wear or scratch with time. A lovely storage solution at the front door like a basket, storage ottoman or rack will encourage the shoes-off policy.
- Protective rugs and mats in particular areas of the place will also minimise any dirt transferring, such as at the front door or internal garage door. Carpets play a part here, too, such as in areas of high foot traffic like a hallway, or a particularly messy spot, like in a kid’s room.
- Regular cleaning floors means there is less chance of any everyday mess, and loose dirt won’t damage the floor; in the long run, hire Professional Cleaners Sydney who can take care of this for you. Use a broom or a vacuum with the bristles down to not scratch the floor.
- Speaking of cleaning, when mopping, be mindful never of using a steam mop, never use excessive amounts of water and please don’t use any nasty abrasive cleaners, wax, polish or scourers.
- Your beautiful pets can be a bit of a nuisance with floors, whether hard flooring or carpet. Try to trim your pet’s nails to control the risk of scratching.
- Spills should be attended to ASAP. Wipe up any spills as soon as possible with a dry material. If there’s a particularly pesky spot, a damp cloth should be all that is needed to lift it or the chemicals and skills of a professional cleaner Sydney will do the job perfectly.
- Working from home is becoming more and more common so when it comes to floors in the home or office area, consider any damage your office chair may cause. Castor wheels are the main culprit, but a protective mat under the chair will ease any chance of marking.
- Speaking of furniture. Never drag furniture across the floors. Always lift the table, have someone help you if possible and use felt protective pads under the legs to stop any potential damage and preserve your expenditure on that floor maintenance Sydney.
- Keep your internal environment ventilated and protected from extreme sunlight and humidity to avoid distortion of flooring or fading.
Maintaining your flooring can be daunting, but by following these simple tips, you can ensure that your floors look beautiful and new for years to come. Prevention is vital when it comes to floor maintenance Sydney, so make sure to keep your place free of dirt and debris and use protective mats in high-traffic areas. Be sure never to use steam mops or harsh chemicals on your flooring; always clean up spills immediately. By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your flooring will stay looking like new for years to come.
The best floor maintenance companion will not only help you clean and restore your flooring impeccably and efficiently but will also help you keep it in its best condition over the years by providing you with information on the best maintenance methods.